The call for abstracts for the BSA annual conference 2019 (Caledonian University- Challenging Social Hierarchies and Inequalities) is now open for submissions.
We would like to encourage you to submit your abstracts to the Cities, Mobilities, Spaces and Places stream.
While considering any abstract that relates to our stream, we would be particularly interested in submissions on the following themes:
– challenging social hierarchies and inequalities in and across places and spaces
– innovative methodological approaches to space, place and mobilities
– housing financialisation and austerity urbanism
– dynamics of race, gender, class, sexuality, disability and space/place
– gentrification, displacement, evictions, homelessness
– mobilities and fixities
– methods for studying space, place and mobilities
– activist urban/mobilities research
– urban governance and the state
We’d also like to encourage people to consider submitting grouped sessions on a theme (submit under special event- and do bear in mind this has to fit into a 1.5 hour slot). And we especially encourage papers or sessions which focus on issues related to the host city, Glasgow and alternative histories and narratives of the city.
This is by no means exhaustive. We also welcome suggestions which include alternative modes of presentation such as film, audio, maps etc…
The deadline for special events is October 5th and for abstracts October 12th.
We look forward to reading your submissions!
Please note all submissions should be submitted via the BSA website