The call for abstracts for the BSA annual conference (10th-12th April, Northumbria University) is now open for submissions.
We would like to encourage you to submit your abstracts to the Cities, Mobilities, Spaces and Places stream.
While considering any abstract that relates to our stream, we would be particularly interested in submissions on the following themes:
– identity, community and social solidarity in and across places and spaces
– visual and multi-sensory approaches to space, place and mobilities
– housing financialisation and austerity urbanism
– dynamics of race, gender, class, sexuality, disability and space/place
– gentrification, displacement, evictions, homelessness
– post-Brexit landscapes, mobilities and fixities
– methods for studying space, place and mobilities
– activist urban/mobilities research
– Urban governance and the state
– Newcastle and the North East of England
– grouped sessions on a theme
This is by no means exhaustive. We also welcome suggestions which include alternative modes of presentation such as film, audio, maps etc…
The deadline is October 13th. We look forward to reading your submissions!
Please note all submissions should be submitted via the BSA website